Enjoy and employ!
1. Pick up the phone and talk to all the people who have expressed interest in your business in the last 90 days. Discuss their challenges then invite them to try your solution that best matches their needs. Give them an irresistible offer,
expiring in seven days, with a 30-day trial period and a full money-back guarantee. Some of them will step up!
2. Schedule follow-up calls with all the people you met at networking events in the last 30 days. Carry out Step 1 above with each of them. Ask if they know anyone who might be interested in the offer and get them to introduce you.
Then present the offer to these new referrals.
3. Send a letter of introduction to everyone you know, telling them about the great work you do. Ask for referrals. Include powerful testimonials and an irresistible offer as in Step 1.
4. Run a webinar series for your target market. Share helpful information related to your products and services, and invite them to an up-sell (i.e. from free webinar to a purchase). Remember to include the irresistible offer and money-back guarantee.
5. Create a video series on a hot topic in your niche, sharing helpful information. At the end, invite your viewers to an up-sell. Plug in your irresistible offer and money-back guarantee.
6. For your webinar and video series, be sure to only give access via sign-up i.e. the only way people can access these resources is by signing up to your list. This way, you grow your data base with targeted prospects.
7. Create and run a stay-in-touch email program for your subscribers. They are most enthusiastic in the 30 days after they sign up. By the 30th day, if you have not actively engaged them, they start to cool off and become unresponsive. Keep them eager and awake with an automated stay-in-touch newsletter, video of the week, podcast series or any other series of educational content.
8. Run a free workshop on a hot topic of interest to your target audience. At the end, invite them to make a purchase. Plug in your irresistible offer and money-back guarantee.
9. Master the skill of asking for referrals. Make it an integral part of your service delivery to ask your satisfied clients for feedback and referrals. Focus on your top 10 clients. Ask instead of hoping they will provide them.
10. Reduce the perceived risk to your prospects and clients by offering a guarantee. A guarantee provides the illusion of a safety net. Then over-deliver and delight your new customer!
11. Sharply define your ideal client and share this with others. Then they can refer ideal prospects to you. Also define your non-ideal client, so they know who not to refer!
12. Position yourself as a problem solver, not a coach, therapist, consultant or whatever you do. Lead with the outcomes you facilitate, not your job description!
People are only interested in what you can do for them. Show this, rather than talking about it. Show with testimonials, free reports, case studies, samples etc.
13. Create strategic alliances to leverage your connections and expand your reach. Start a cross-promotion plan with these people and organizations. You cannot build a successful business alone.
14. Create a highly attractive free offer and give this away for lead generation purposes. Stating the monetary value of your free offer will enhance the perception of its value even further. Then you will have a list of prospect to follow up with.
15. Use technology to make your follow-up more efficient. Efficient follow-up is vital to a steady flow of clients. You can use tools such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
16. Give away your expertise to get known e.g. free ebooks, teleclasses, workshops, tip sheets, CDs e.t.c.
17. Write and submit articles to blogs, websites, and magazines etc that are read by your target market. If you can, get a column or become a featured writer, so you are seen regularly.
18. Use an email signature to share your USP, contact details and links to your social media. This way, people know how to find you, should they ever need you, or know how to send your details to others.
19. Present social proof. Provide client testimonials with tangible results, not just people saying how much they like you! Wherever possible, use client names, pictures and links to their websites. Audio and video testimonials work best.
20. Develop and regularly deliver a signature talk. Get known and heard for what you do best! Putting yourself out and about among your target audience in this way will make you more accessible to them and more easily remembered when they need you.
21. Make sure that all of your marketing efforts have a clear, easy-to-follow call to action. Tell your prospects precisely what you want them to do next e.g. sign up today, download now, access free resource here etc. Surprisingly, many of us will not take action unless encouraged to do so!
22. Create a workshop out of your signature talk, plus worksheets. Pitch this workshop to 20 networking groups in your niche and get booked with speaking engagements for the year. Some will take you up, others will not be a match. And some may recommend you to others.
23. Learn selling skills. Many entrepreneurs are great at what they do but lack the skills to convert interest into cash in the bank. Find a sales coach or mentor. Invest in a sales course. Pay attention to your results and work to improve them. You will get better with the right support and practice.
You do not need to carry out every single one of these tips all at the same time! But be sure to work through the list and take MASSIVE, IMMEDIATE PRODUCTIVE ACTION!
Here is wishing you great success as you grow your client base and business!
Author: Oma Edoja
Category: Make More Money
Tags: get clients, attract clients, marketing, follow up, checklist,
Summary: Need a quick marketing boost? At a loss for what to do today in your
marketing? Grab this handy 23-point checklist and get to work attracting clients!