Ideas for business can spring from any aspect of your life - a childhood passion, market demand, or by identifying a better way to connect creatives and clients. When starting a business, we face different challenges from developing the vision or goal of your company, raising your capital or budget, dealing with competition, and many more. As an entrepreneur, our job is to nurture our ideas as we navigate the challenges, barriers, and self-doubts that may arise. We have to believe that our ideas are valuable, needed, and will produce a ripple effect on the world.
In our episode today, we have Ashley M. Williams who will share her journey in building her business, the struggles she faced and how she was able to overcome them, and how her parents encouraged and pushed her to continue to pursue her business.
We will also tackle more on how she was able to connect content creators to brands as partners, what pushed her to pursue this type of business, how she has navigated the tech world as a non-tech founder, and why believing in yourself is important. Join us in our episode today!
- I created RIZZARR in order to be able to help them build their portfolio, get real-world experience, working with brands of all capacities, and help these brands to figure out how to reach Millennials and Gen Z. - Ashley M. Williams
- There are just these glass ceilings placed upon us in society and we are constantly breaking them in order for people to fully realize what we're capable of. -Ashley M. Williams
- My goal is to be able to contribute back to the community, to help other black women start companies, and to change the dynamics of our communities. - Ashley M. Williams
- Not everybody is supposed to get the vision because it was only given to you at this point and the people who get it are supposed to be with you. -Ashley M. Williams
- It’s about attracting the right people and repelling the wrong people. - Nikki Rogers
- Many times people are not successful just because they couldn't hang on. - Ashley M. Williams
- I had the tenacity and the courage to keep going and to keep getting rejections because the beauty of it was that I started to really mold into solely becoming the person that I believed I could be. - Ashley M. Williams
- Persistence always pays off. - Ashley M. Williams
- We can really make our dreams become a reality and everything does happen for a reason. - Ashley M. Williams
Get to Know the Guest:
Ashley M. Williams is the leading Millennial and Gen Z content marketing strategist, spokesperson, consultant, and a global speaker for brands that want to reach younger generations — helping brands to create the right content, craft the right messages, and produce experiences that bring them, Millennials, and Gen Z together. She is excited and determined to use her love of journalism, social media, and life experiences to inform and inspire.
Ashley is the founder and CEO of RIZZARR, a tech-enabled content marketplace. Through RIZZARR, brands are able to find and work with Millennial and Gen Z content creators worldwide – particularly nano-influencers and micro-influencers.
In her spare time, Ashley is a board member for various mission-driven entities that connect with topics of importance to her. In September 2020, Ashley was recognized by DBusiness Magazine and placed on its 30 in Their Thirties list.
Connect with Ashley:
Visit her company RIZZARR:
Click HERE for the SHOW TRANSCRIPT.